BREAST MILK YUCKH!!!

This would be my little brother's & all my blog's critics reaction when they will be reading this post, so embrace yourself! Don't tell me I didn't warn you...

So there she was in my hand, with all of her cuteness, crying my ears off for milk. My very second experience with my daughter. I was having dizziness due to the pethidine they push post operatively for the uterine cramps. But every one was screaming in front of my face & asking me why my baby was not getting any milk! One of my sister in laws cut my chest while trying to pump out the holy drink! Yes, I am calling it this as the flow & the benefits are one of the mysteries yet astonishing thing in the whole world. HAHAHA!

We live in a beautiful but sometimes peculiar country where most of the people think bottle milk is better than breast milk. So almost all the doctors think prescribing a bottle even in the most exceptional scenarios is a crime. What if the mother has a defect of some sort? What if she is unable to produce? What if she is a working mom? So many what ifs but no body has the answers. I guess you have to be brave in these situations & talk with other moms. Talking about your problems really help! It helped me & my worries!

Recently at least 4 or 5 new moms called me for the same problems.....reduced breast milk. So after further due I sat down, did some research & start writing incorporating with my own stories of course! So there I was hallucinating about screams in my head, my mom was begging for milk to other new moms who didn't help, thinking about their own babies demand. I just stopped thinking so much ,asked my husband to buy the bottle & fed her.

The next morning something so terrifying happened...the upper part of my chest below the neck including the pits were engorged & so tender I couldn't even breathe. I thought I had a tumor of some sort. Now I laugh about it but it was really a terrifying experience. I did know some things about breast feeding but it was not enough. So all the new moms should schedule for a Lactation Consultantion, who will cover all the FAQS about breast feeding & related stuffs.

Drinking fluids like 10 to 12 glasses of water & 2 mugs of warm milk helped me a lot.

Proper sleep & napping is also one of the key factors.

Nursing should be very comfortable & in a calm environment. Loud TV sounds & flexed neck reduces milk production!

Eating your carbs & protein is also very important. Things like berries, lemons, cucumber, potato & bottle gourd helped me a lot! A little bit of spices & chillies also helped.

Don't drink a lot of tea or coffee.

Snuggle with your baby & husband when ever you can!. This releases oxytocin & helps to improve milk production!

Don't forget to research or talk to other moms. Because we are great, we know everything & we rule the world! I just high fived my little sister..my top blog fan!



 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top