DAY 27: WHAT'S IN MY CLOSET

I am so tired that I almost fell asleep over the key board. On top of that Jian broke my mouse & my closet is a mess. So this is the worst time doing a closet post. When I was young & restless ( I mean without a kid ), my closet was my treasure chest. I used to keep it so neat & clean. Everything was always sorted out by color & priority. But now I am happy if I can just find something clean to wear. I constantly pick up things from the floor & shove them in my cupboard.Yeah, I forgot to tell you I don't have a closet, I proudly own a three door wooden almira with painted glass decorations on top, designed by me & the glass decor were done by husband's students.After being a mother I have learned some tricks to keeping it easy & simple...

1. I try to curate & donate things on monthly basis.

2. I used to hold on to stuffs specially pre-pregnancy dresses. But after realizing this is only going to give me more pain, recently I have donated almost everything!

3. I try to buy things if only I really really need them! Saves me money, space & a ton of headache.

4. I always have some negative space so I could shove things if suddenly there is a need to attend some guest which is quite often in my case. Most of our guests are either casual friends or work buddies.

4. I sent most of the items to ironing store after washing, so they are pressed & arranged, 2 in 1! I stopped ironing after Jian arrived, because of all the burn accidents, I have witnessed in the hospitals.

5. We have our designated space for everything. but to tell the truth sometime Jian's things occupy our shelves!

THE GLASS PAINTINGS

THREE DOOR ALMIRA
I TRIED TO MAKE IT A PANORAMA ( SORRY FOR THE MESS )

CONVERSATION

5 comments:

  1. Your closet is beautiful and you are so organized. I definitely have some lessons to learn from you. I love all of the bright colors especially. So lovely. Thank you for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most organized mama bear of the world..haha..

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!
    I'm starting to follow the same philosophy as you when it comes to clothing. We have a charity that gives you a pink plastic bag each month for you to fill up with used clothing and items. I try every month to put something in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet! I definitely trying the pink bag idea with my friends & family :D

      Delete

Back
to top