DAY 13 BLOG CHALLENGE

WHAT'S IN MY FRIDGE:

I am a fresh food person. I intend to buy everything from local farmers, in small quantities. So my fridge is empty most of the time. I mean I do keep stuffs like eggs & milk in the fridge. But I learned this from my mother that freshness is the main ingredient of tasty cooking. During my pregnancy I did this heart workshop in a yoga foundation. I realized eating is like a style, it's not a necessity & we should not treat food to fulfill our hunger rather our imagination & thirst for creativity. We can turn a dull breakfast into something extraordinary just adding some same color ingredients. One day I surprised my husband with a summer sunshine brunch. I boiled an egg, cut some mangoes, a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice with some spicy bread. It looked like heaven. (I threw in some sunflowers,too. )

Things in my fridge are-

Eggs
Bread
Honey
Butter
Yogurt
Orange Jelly
Cheese spread
Mayo, Salad dressing
Hot ketchup for hubs
Sweet ketchup for Jian
Cooked Spicy beef by mom 
My mother's homemade pickles-mango,olive, mixed
Marinated chicken in my mother's secret receipe
Fresh fruits, vegetables
Water
Jian's chocolates ( they tend to melt on hot weather  )
May be cranberry or mango juice..I didn't have the time to go to the mall.
Some shrimps & beef in the freezer & of course ICECREAM- chocolate is now the flavor of the month.



CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. The way that you secure your food and cook is what I wish to do 100% of the time. It is so wonderful that you can buy everything from local farmers, in small quantities. Does the weather permit this all year around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE DON'T HAVE SNOW IN THE WINTER. I can get carrots, cabbage & tomatoes for less money as they are in the season & also my favorite. Seasonal fruits & vegetables are natural remedies for viral flues & helps me keep healthy.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top