DAY 12 BLOG CHALLENGE

MY FAVORITE CHILDHOOD BOOK:

I remember this quite clearly, as a kid I was fanatic about stories. I had an uncle who used to tell me stories about this girl who was married to a cruel king. The king killed all his wives after their wedding night. But this one girl who was patient & kind began to tell stories to the king. One story had another story in it & all of them were breath taking. Yes you guessed right, it's 1001 Arabian nights. The child version of course. After being nagged for couple of days my uncle bought me the book. It was filled with beautiful pictures. The book had some of the stories like Sindbad & Ali Baba & the forty thieves. I had the book up to my college years but my book collection was left behind due to weight issues when we moved here. My other favorite was 'Thakumar Jhuli'- native stories about this old lady who used to tell  horror stories about demons & fairies to these kids every night! I used to believe most of them were true, ha ha.

ARABIAN NIGHTS


GRANDMA'S BASKET OF FOLK TALES

When I was pregnant with Jian we used to read the following book containing letters of people during our Liberty War. True letters, true words of love, letters to parents or childs, being so far from their home but fighting for the love of Motherland. It used to be so emotional & I used to cry my eyes out as usual. Jian used to like them, too.

LETTERS OF SEVENTY ONE

[As I am new at blogging I don't know how to link the images, so I don't have any intention of hurting anybody. I have respect for them & promise to learn about linking soon.]

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top