DAY 16 BLOG CHALLENGE

THOUGHTS ON EDUCATION:

Not because I am a doctor, but education has always been important for me. I always loved books. When I was a teenager, the only thing I was to long for was good books. We lived in an Arabian country. Books of my language was not available.There was a voluntary event regarding improvement of my school. I gladly took the responsibility as an library assistant. My job was to clean the book shelves, keep tabs on our limited resourceful books & inspire other people to read. Within 6 months or so I read about 5000 books, tagged them, categorized everything & my library had 100 new members. I knew who read for love, who liked thrillers & who used to read the naughty novels :o

After gaining highest marks in maths in standard 10, my father asked me what I wanted. I begged for a large book shelf. The shelf had 5 steps with over 200 books, educational & novels. But when we moved here my mother had to leave them for excess weight. I was so crushed. I still feel bad about my collection.

It's not that only reading books are educational. I mean now a days you can learn almost anything from a computer. I am teaching my girl these nursery rhymes in my laptop. I don't believe in forcing books on somebody. But reading & learning new things are very important for me. My husband has similar thoughts. He loves newspapers, magazines & talk shows. He knows so many things about almost everything. We can talk about our views & discuss, debate & this makes us more creative & interesting to each other. Sometimes you need something more than love, you need a best friend with whom you can argue & have a fight. Then again make up.

FIGHTING OVER  SILLY THINGS LIKE HOW TO POSE IN THE PICTURE
 I had many issues as a teenager. But whenever I felt lonely, books became my friends. Learning new things still makes me excited. When something negative happened to me I used to calm myself by reading a book. Anything, even magazines made me happy. I just want my daughter to have the power of knowledge. Education is really powerful. It washes away the darkness & fear. I don't her to go to the most expensive school or stay top in her class. But I definitely want her to read, to learn & be a super woman & self-dependent. Without education life is meaningless & boring. I believe simple knowledge can change a human life in so many aspects, that nothing else, not even having a million dollars can do.As a woman, the most important thing I learned was that " Education" is the most powerful weapon I  have got & I want to teach my daughter the same thing.



CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Books make such wonderful friends. And that photograph is just lovely. What an exquisite doorway! It is a photographer's (like me!) dream.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top